Staff Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
Essential Job Duties
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Individual will be responsible to perform civil engineering design often being part of a project team and under the supervision of a registered civil engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform a variety of engineering functions under direction from supervisor
- Prepare engineering studies and reports
- Possess thorough working knowledge of applicable standards and codes required to design and process various projects
- Supervise and support project team as necessary
- Perform drafting and design skills under direction of team leader and/or licensed engineer
- Develop strong CAD based design skills
- Engage in continuing education
- Maintain consistent high quality of engineering design work
- Meet project schedules and budgets
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined improvements, equipment, materials, processes or methods.
- Performs all other assigned related duties
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ previous design experience.
- Experience in Water & Wastewater design, highly preferred
- Experience in using Civil 3D highly preferred