Staff Engineer (Water/Wastewater master planning)
Civiltec has an immediate opening for a driven Staff Engineer with Water/Waste master planning experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experience with projects including water, wastewater, and storm water master planning related projects
- Recognizes potential problems and seeks advice of Project Manager to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Assists in identifying, developing, and gathering resources necessary to complete the project
- Interacts with clients and other team members to assist in overall project delivery
- Perform a variety of engineering functions under direction from supervisor
- Prepare engineering studies and reports
- Possess thorough working knowledge of applicable standards and codes required to design and process various projects
- Supervise and support project team as necessary
- Perform drafting and design skills under direction of team leader and/or licensed engineer
- Develop strong CAD based design skills
- Engage in continuing education
- Maintain consistent high quality of engineering design work
- Meet project schedules and budgets
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined improvements, equipment, materials, processes or methods.
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering degree, required
- E.I.T license, preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant municipal water, wastewater, stormwater master planning experience
- Knowledge of municipal design in water, wastewater, stormwater markets
- Effective written and oral communications
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel