Principal Engineer (Electrical)
Essential Job Duties
Civiltec is looking for a Professional Electrical Engineer to manage our Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Service Line. This position will also be an Associate or Principal of the Firm. This position requires exceptional skills in conceptualization, design and construction management of power and controls projects in the water/wastewater industry as well as project management, business development, and training of staff. This ideal candidate will have experience in technical and proposal writing, design of process control systems, SCADA, telemetry, PLC based control systems, motor control and power systems and arc flash analysis.
- Development of controls and electrical design plans and specifications.
- Electrical safety procedures per NFPA 70E requirements and National Electrical Code.
- Develop power, lighting and grounding design for new pump station and well buildings.
- Analysis and design of hardwired and wireless communication systems and conduct radio path survey.
- Interface new plant control systems to existing SCADA systems.
- Arc flash and coordination studies.
- Plan new and consolidation and replacement of existing electrical utility services.
- P&ID’s, ISA logic diagrams, loop diagrams, schematic/wiring diagrams, one and three-line diagrams, control cabinet layouts, systems communications diagrams, and cable and conduit schedules. QA/QC program implementation.
- Value Engineering and cost estimation.
- Construction support and submittal review.
- Performs all other assigned related duties.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Participate with other Principals of the Firm in a coordinated effort to market the business.
- Acts as a liaison between offices to promote the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Service Line.
- Solicit new clients and projects while maintaining existing clients.
- Monitor the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls industry for engineering opportunities.
- Attend association meetings, conferences and summits representing the Firm.
- Prepare technical write-ups associated with marketing and proposal efforts.
- Monitor the financial health of the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Service Line.
- Participate in Strategic Planning of the Firm.
- Through appropriate project budgeting/pricing, utilization of resources and cost controls and value pricing, maximize the profit margin on individual projects.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- PE certification in AZ and CA required, or must be able to obtain within 6 months of being hired.
- Post graduate degree in business and/or electrical engineering is a plus. Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience in the water/wastewater industry.
- Strong writing, grammar, editing, and quality assurance skills.
- Excellent precision and attention to detail.
- Proficient in applicable design software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Advanced skills in business development strongly preferred