The Marketing Specialist provides support for marketing activities and corporate branding. Exercises judgement and independently performs most assignments based on specification of desired results. May assume temporary supervisory responsibility for technical, administrative and marketing support staff assigned to marketing projects. May coordinate/direct the efforts of specialized consultants, such as photographers, outside public relations firm and other marketing vendors.
Essential Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Serve as project manager for the coordination, writing, editing, and finalizing of marketing material (qualification packages, competitive and scope and fee proposals, presentations/interview, awards, etc.) that adhere to the company brand standards.
- Implement communication strategy by assisting with project and personnel internal and external public relations efforts in coordination with Public Relations Team (trade shows, associations, social media, website, etc.).
- In partnership with technical staff develop a strategy for story-telling in written and visual form.
- Compose narratives for marketing materials such as proposals, qualifications, and collateral materials.
- Create concepts for and coordinate production of collateral material.
- Assist with research of target markets and clients as directed.
- Gather, format and maintain accurate, up-to-date marketing information and reports (including government forms, staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, graphics, photos and other information for marketing purposes).
- Develop strategy on project- and marketing section-specific marketing activities, which include content marketing plans and business development action plans.
- Support the implementation of corporate branding initiatives and social media.
- Develop and maintain marketing information systems (client files, business development activities, resume and project descriptions, boilerplate text, mailing lists, etc.).
- Develop visually appealing graphics.
- Support technical staff with sales data, market trends, forecasts, client analyses and business development activities.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and management of photo shoots and photo documentation of projects and staff.
- Plan meetings, client events and attend trade shows, as directed.
- Product high-quality work products, in terms of accuracy, messaging, content and compliance with company brand requirements.
- Conduct and coordinate a range of marketing support activities as directed.
- Be able to work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
- Thrives in a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment.
- Proven capabilities to write messaging for various content channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and clients.
- Eye for design details and can guide development of persuasive graphics that tell concept-based stories.
- Shares knowledge with other and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others.
- Ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications and develop a relevant, thoughtful response.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to be creative, innovative and have an excellent attention to detail.
- Actively involved in professional and community organizations and training, including SMPS membership.
- Proactive, resourceful, organized, self-starter that can easily multi-task against deadlines.
This position does not require supervision of other employees at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and video conferencing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Civiltec is normally open for business between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, except on every other Friday, Civiltec is closed by virtue of the approval of an alternative workweek schedule.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- BA in marketing, communication or other related field; minimum of 3 years of experience in the A/E/C industry.
- CPSM certification (through SMPS) a plus.
- Good project management/organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Deltek CRM databases is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.