Come join the Civiltec team!
This dynamic Civil Designer uses computer-aided design (CAD) program to design and draft, scale and fine-tune drawings and maps for construction projects. They will also assist project managers and engineers in determining materials, labor and other costs. Civil designer may work on a variety of specialized projects, such as public work projects, wastewater, water supplies, erosion control system, underground utilities, or traffic control plans.
Essential Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Design and draft both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, reservoirs, wells and other infrastructure systems
- Interpret civil engineering and building plans to determine where to design systems
- Interpret land surveys and maps in order to design grading, structures and other factors that could affect the placement of the projects
- Understand, comprehend, and adhere to city, county, and state laws regarding design and code requirements
- Submit proposed design plans to project engineer for review and approval
- Produce work/plan redline markup and comments for drafters.
- Performs various technical calculations and provide technical design analysis
- Interact and work together with other teams to provide integrated services and support
- Prepare technical figures and engineering drawings containing plans, profiles, sections and details
- Developing concept designs for civil infrastructures
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including Civil3D, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree / Certification in Drafting, CAD or related field
- 3-5 years of civil engineering design experience
- Expertise in using AutoCAD Civil 3D (2017 or higher)
- Good project management skills
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.